Way to break into the industry and get noticed… film festivals, idents. Youtube simply isn’t enough to get your work out there, and Deviantart requires a great deal of networking to garner a presence.
Will also need to look up what is expected of animators in their fields. The code of Practises and examples of Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs).
A good example for code of practises here. Though it may only extend to artists and commissioners, the language is quite interchangeable.
With ideas for competitions, I was looking at out dated cannimations for redbull… this one really caught my attention. SkyHound that is, definitely one of my favourites.
Rockstar Leeds Animator
- Create stunning in-game animations that are both fluid and responsive, as directed by the Lead Animator.
- Assist in the integration of animation with designers and programmers to create immersive experiences.
- Candidates must be able to animate natural and expressive human motion to create realistic, fluid character animations.
- Minimum 1 year experience animating video games.
- Production experience with PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, Xbox One or PC.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation.
- Outstanding demo reel displaying strong animation ability.
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development.
- Exceptional skill in animating the human figure as well as other organic forms.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work closely with Artists, Designers and Programmers.
- The ability to consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity.
- Advanced knowledge in one of: MotionBuilder, 3D Studio Max, Maya, or equivalent 3D program.
- Strong interest in video games.
- Experience with motion capture and MotionBuilder.
- Professional experience developing third person action games.
With this in mind, I can further develop my skillset to meet these criteria.
Funky Panda, mobile gaming as well:
FunkyPanda is a brand-new start up with a success fund raise in 1st round. We are a small team with talents who have many years experience in game industry. We have just set up our office and start operating in January 2015. It also means the success candidates will join the share option scheme as a funding employee.We are now trying to find a Mobile Game Animator who wants to join a start-up and grow up the company together with us. We are looking for people with a startup attitude: who are highly motivated, energetic, and multi-talented; who speak up and have plenty of ideas; who work hard, play hard, and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
• Characters design and animation
• The creation of all art needed in a mobile game.
• Importing and optimizing all game assets and animations
• Solid animation skill with Flash or After Effect
• Very creative person with a passion for games.
• Extensive skills in user interface design and creation.
• A good understanding of the current visual trends in casual games.
• Proven high-level abilities in 2D graphic packages such as Photoshop or Illustrator.
• Experience in a 3D package is a huge plus.
• Team player with strong social and communication skills.
• Writing and communication skills in English.
• Experience with graphics for mobile devices, handheld console or any game engine is a big plus.
• Professional work experiences in gaming industry is a plus